Have you ever wondered . . .What number to use? What is the proper height is for your kitchen counter . . . or perhaps the ideal height of a back splash?
Well, checking with my team and confirming with Carol Bass ThePracticalDecorator.com shared these numbers:
- 16 to 20 “ Most comfortable height for coffee table since most sofas have seats that are 18 to 22 inches high. It is most comfortable to have a table that is about 2 inches lower.
- 12 to 18” Distance from the wall (at least one wall) for an area rug. If you are utilizing a rug with a sofa and coffee table, be sure to anchor at least under the table if not under the sofa.
- 9 feet Is the Best distance for high definition TV (based on a 60 inch screen size) viewing and will prevent eyestrain.
- 60” Optimal viewing height for hanging art and mirrors. Measure from the floor to the center of the item.
- 2-3” Distance between pictures when grouping smaller pictures on a wall
- 66” Good lighting is important – Measure from the floor and leave 66” for your Chandelier. You will still have enough room a centerpiece.
- 32 to 48” Best Chair Rail height. Your chair rail should be in the lower one-third of your wall.
- 48” Average/Standard Headboard height.
- 2 to 4” Best distance between a bed and a nightstand
- 26 to 28” Is the favored height for the toilet paper holder (be sure not to place it too forward)
- 36” Most comfortable kitchen counter height – in some kitchens there is also a Pastry counter that is 24” tall.
- 30 to 36” Best height for pendant and task lighting above a kitchen island. This will avoid ‘head bumping.’
- 16 to 18” Standard height of a back splash and between countertops and upper cabinets.
- 36” When installing recessed lighting, 36” is the best distance for 8 to 10 foot ceilings using a grid.
- 24” Best Distance for outdoor walkway light
My goal is to be a Difference Maker for my clients. Whether buying or selling, I will negotiate the best terms for you and create a great Real Estate’ Experience’ that is stress free – everyone should ‘Love where you live.’ If you don’t have a Realtor, I would be happy to connect you with a Realtor in your area to assist you in finding out the value of your home & in getting Top Dollar for your home. I am in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Connect with me at Debbie@DebbieWysocki.com www.DebbieWysocki.com or www.FloridaLuxuryHomesGroup.com