Debbie’s Top 7 Picks
Greater Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach offer one of the best and most diverse dining scenes of any U.S. city of its size. Zagat’s 2017 Fort Lauderdale review notes several of these restaurants as top rated on their list. There are more than 4,000 restaurants offering everything from casual to specialty to fine dining.
- Casa D’Angelo Ristorante – A consistent favorite for elevated, classic Italian cuisine since opening in 1998.
- Steak 954 – Luxury boutique steakhouse featuring ocean views and a centerpiece reef aquarium.
- Grille 66 & Bar – Upscale seafood and steak venue with breathtaking waterway views and indoor/outdoor seating.
- Eduardo de San Angel – “High-end, creative Mexican fare (think without salsa and chips)” – Zagat review
- The Capital Grille – Clubby setting offering critically acclaimed dry aged steaks and Sommelier selected wines.
- Valentino Cucina Italiano – Stylish restaurant serving innovative Italian cuisine in an open kitchen setting.
- Café Martorano – on Oakland Park Boulevard – can be a little loud and definitely a Long wait on Friday and Saturday
Dock & Dine
- Shooters Waterfront – Anchored on the IC since 1982, Shooters has evolved into a relaxed and elegant destination.
- Kaluz* – “This is what Florida is; the land of magic. Upbeat, sophisticated, incredible setting, and amazing New American fare. The modern interior/exterior snagged Broward’s No. 1 Décor rating.” – Zagat review
- Blue Moon Fish Co. – Foodies rave about this upmarket fish house. Best Sunday buffet brunch in town for 16 years!
- 15th Street Fisheries – Authentic marina setting serving upscale & casual food and tarpon feeding from the dock.
- Coconuts* – Chill on this Intracoastal hangout as yachts cruise by. “Be nice” motto starts with the owners, passed forward to employees and ultimately to the patrons.
- Southport Raw Bar – 30 years serving generations of locals with indoor and dockside seating. This is a locale where you “never judge a book by its cover” whether the oysters or the patrons.
- Rustic Inn Crabhouse – “Family and friends get “down & dirty” at this circa-1955 crab shack wearing bibs and eating some of the best garlic crabs around. The old Florida décor isn’t fancy but it’s a happy place.” – Zagat review
Overall Great Food
- Anthony’s Runway
- Canyon Southwest Café
- Casablanca Café
- Sea Watch
- Thai Spice
- Valentino’s in Pompano Beach
- Aruba Beach Café
- Greek Islands Taverna (almost always a wait)
- Char Hut
- Skyline Chili
- Jack’s Hamburger’s
- Laspada’s Original Hoagies
- Roccos’s Tacos
Specialty Deli’s, Bakeries, and other food shopping…
- Emil’s European Sausage Kitchen – family owned, sausages made on premise with no preservatives, authentic German condiments, sauces, etc…
- Pan’e Dolci Italian Bakery – Yummy sandwiches and chocolate croissants to die for
- The Lunch Box – Great ‘home cooking’
- Croissin Time – French Bakery
- Lenore Nolan Ryan Catering & Cooking School – really the best!
- German Bread Haus
- Smitty’s – longtime butcher offering classic meats, seasonal game, …